What Women Want aims to hear directly from at least 1 million women and girls worldwide about how they define quality maternal and reproductive healthcare.
The plan is to:
- Conduct a two-year campaign – What Women Want – collecting responses throughout 2018, analysing key findings, aggregating and sharing in 2019, using key global and national moments to involve and galvanize as many people as possible in making positive change for women and girls.
- Officially announce the global findings at Women Deliver next summer in Vancouver. The country-specific results will then be rolled out with advocacy agendas tailored to reflect the survey results from the women in those countries.
- Publish a report (book) with the results, in-depth stories from the women and groups participating, and photos.
- Have a gallery show at the UN General Assembly and other global health events of the photos in 2019.
It’s super easy to participate.
Visit ww.whatwomenwant.org to download the sign and to download related social media messaging.
Ask to take a photo of a woman or girl or encourage her to take a selfie of herself holding up her completed What Woman Want sign
Post the photos to social media using #WhatWomenWant and #safemotherhood4all and tagging one of the below What Women Want social media profiles.
• Facebook: @whatwomenwant2018
• Twitter: @whatwomenwantHC @SMFA_au
• Instagram: @whatwomenwant2018 @SMFA_au