Safe Motherhood for All works with communities and governments to improve (maternal) health outcomes for:
- women in South East Asian and Pacific countries
- Australian women, with a particular emphasis on:
- Aboriginal and Torrres Strait Islander women
- young women
- women with a disability
- women with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and
- others experiencing disadvantage.
Safe Motherhood for All promotes:
Safe birth for mothers and their babies.
- The value of safe motherhood to society.
- Australians working collaboratively to improve the health and wellbeing of women and children in the region and at home.
- Respectful services informed by the social determinants of health and founded on the principles and practices of primary health care and community development.
- Acute interventions that are timely, appropriate and focused on the needs of women.