Safe Motherhood for All works with communities and governments to improve maternal health outcomes for:
- All women in Australia, with a particular emphasis on:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women
- young women
- women with a disability
- women with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and
- others experiencing disadvantage.
Safe Motherhood for All promotes:
- The value of optimal maternal health to society.
- Australians working collaboratively to improve the health and wellbeing of women and children.
- Health policy, design and delivery are informed by the social determinants of health and founded on the principles and practices of primary health care and community development
- All healthcare interventions are respectful, available, appropriate, timely, and focused on the needs of women.