Safe motherhood now and into the future because healthy women make healthy babies make healthy nations.
Safe Motherhood for All values (individuals, communities, systems and services that are):
- advancing (the) goals of safe motherhood at all levels
- respecting, protecting and encouraging individual, gender, cultural and social diversity
- educating all people irrespective of their origins, age and circumstances
- researching and sharing good practices to advance safe motherhood for the benefit of all generations
Safe Motherhood for All’s strategic priorities are to ensure:
- Motherhood is socially and culturally valued;
- Services are founded on principles and practices of primary health care; and
- Intergenerational safe motherhood.
Safe Motherhood for All will engage with the world around us by building alliances, influencing policies and inspiring community action. This will be done through the development of a robust and respected organisation.
The White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood
The White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood is an international coalition of individuals and organisations bound together by a common goal: to ensure that pregnancy and childbirth are safe for all women and newborns in every country around the world. The White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood was formed to promote increased public awareness of the need to make pregnancy and childbirth safe for all women and newborns in the developing, as well as, developed countries.
The White Ribbon Alliance represents an opportunity for communities to work together to advance women’s health and women’s rights everywhere. The White Ribbon Alliance:
- Educates its members and member organisations through seminars, working groups etc.;
- Creates with its members educational, communication and technical materials for use by members and others;
- Organises policy efforts directed at national and local governments to increase funding and programs for Safe Motherhood;
- Supports and assists countries to create a national White Ribbon Alliance.
White Ribbon Alliance amplifies the voices of people suffering from the greatest burden of morbidity and mortality of complications due to pregnancy and childbirth.
In Australia Safe Motherhood for All has been established to progress the aims of WRA in Australia, the Western Pacific region and South East Asia.