Today is Global Dignity Day. The day aims to educate & inspire youth; to help them better understand their self-worth.
Dignity is where we are deemed worthy of honour and respect
We at SMFA support this initiative and we would like to focus on girls and young women who are having a child.
We want them to understand that they are entitled to receive maternity care that at its core provides kindness, understanding, tolerance, and compassion.
The primary principles of Global Dignity Day include:
- The right of every human being to live a dignified life
- Access to health care, education, income, and security to help reach one’s full potential
- The freedom to make decisions about one’s life
- Dignity as the guiding factor for every action
- Our dignity is interdependent with the dignity of others.
All of these factors point to one mission that is “to unite everyone with the belief that we all deserve to live a life of dignity.” And for SMFA most especially pregnant young women and girls who are entitled to receive respectful maternity care.